With the resurgence of cycling, many people are choosing to join the cycling community. So how can you buy a bike that meets your needs and preferences? Today, I will teach you a five-step guide to buying a bike, and by following these steps, I believe you can choose a bike that suits you.
1. Determine the purpose and riding style: Before buying a bike, you need to think about why you want to ride. Is it for daily commuting? Weekend leisure? Off-road adventures? Or long-distance cycling trips? There are many types of bikes on the market, and each type is designed with different focuses. If you want to go off-road frequently but choose a road bike, it won't work well and you may encounter tire punctures. Therefore, it is important to determine the purpose and riding style before choosing a bike.
2. Choose the purchase channel: Once you have determined your riding style, you can narrow down your options. For cycling beginners, going to a local bike shop to personally experience and choose is a good option. Going to a physical store allows you to experience the bike firsthand and make adjustments based on your own situation. If you are afraid of being misled due to lack of experience, it is recommended to bring an experienced cyclist with you. In addition to physical stores, there are also many bike brands available for purchase on e-commerce platforms and online. In this case, it is important for cyclists to have basic knowledge of bikes and then select a bike that fits their size and specifications.
3. Set a budget: For those outside the cycling community, a bike that costs one or two thousand yuan may already be considered expensive. But for experienced cyclists, even a bike frame alone may cost more than that. So, as people often say, "Once you enter the world of cycling, your wallet becomes a passerby." In fact, the budget is closely related to the purpose of cycling. If it is only for daily commuting, a budget of 2000-4000 yuan is sufficient. However, if it is for sports competition, off-road adventures, or long-distance cycling, it is recommended to increase the budget and choose higher configurations. It is important to note that novice cyclists often spend their entire budget on the bike itself, neglecting essentials such as helmets, protective gear, bike computers, and lights. Therefore, remember that personal equipment, safety gear, and bike accessories are all part of the budget! Ultimately, the key to cycling is the act of cycling itself. Don't be swayed by comparisons. Choose a bike that offers good value for money within your own capabilities and don't let the bike dominate your life.
4. Size setting: Choosing the right bike size can provide a comfortable riding experience. Most bikes on the market offer multiple sizes to choose from. Selecting the appropriate frame size can help you apply force correctly while riding. An ill-fitting frame size will cause discomfort during riding and may even cause unnecessary injuries in the long run.
5. Selection of accessories: Once you have chosen the right bike, it's time to select the corresponding accessories. Generally, you will need to purchase a helmet, front and rear lights, a lock, an air pump, a water bottle, a bike computer, etc. Choose accessories that suit your riding style. The accessories needed for commuting, sports and fitness, and high-end competition vary greatly in terms of both features and price. If you are just doing regular leisure cycling, there is no need to spend a lot of money on high-end accessories.
Furthermore, if you want to use your commuting or daily transportation time for exercise and are concerned about not being able to keep up with the physical demands, you can consider purchasing electric front wheel conversion kit. Typically, adding an electric assist system to a bike requires a battery, a motor, and a control system. You can choose the relevant accessories and diy hub motor bike yourself, or you can choose a complete set of electric bike conversion kit. There are now many brands that specialize in the development of electric bicycle kit. For example, a Chinese brand called Lvbu Tech has been dedicated to the research, production, and sales of diy electric bike kit since 2014. Its electric bike wheel kit series includes the KX integrated wheel series, KF water bottle battery series, KD bag battery series, BZ rack battery series, and KN upgraded water bottle battery series. The entire series of kits are well-designed, including the battery, motor, and controller, with integrated configurations that allow cyclists to upgrade their bikes in one step without the need for extensive selection. Moreover, the extremely simple installation process greatly reduces the threshold for modification, allowing many cyclists to experience the joy of upgrading their bikes themselves.
If you want to experience the fun of DIY modification, then the new KN upgraded water bottle series from Lvbu Tech is a good choice. By simply replacing the bike hub motor wheel, adding a water bottle holder, controller, and water bottle battery, you can upgrade your bike to electric assist bike. The 20-cell 18650 lithium power battery with a single capacity of 3000mAh provides a range of 60km, which is more than enough for daily commuting. The water bottle-shaped design is stylish, and the multi-functional design of the water bottle battery is very user-friendly. The top of the bottle displays the battery level in percentage, making it easy to check. If you don't use it for a long time, you can turn off the side power switch to extend the battery's storage time. The Type C dual charging ports can also be used to charge your phone, making it a convenient emergency power bank. The best part is that it only requires a nine-core wire connection, and the appearance after modification is almost the same as the original bike.
The powerful 24v 250w hub motor is placed in the hub, and the entire wheel is delivered with spokes, rims, inner and outer tires, so there is no need for self-assembly.
The professional Lvbu micro-power system has an ARM Cortex M3 main chip and a 6-axis gyroscope chip, providing scientific assistance for cycling. The accompanying app offers preset modes for commuting, exercise, leisure, climbing, and manual assistance, making it easy to match your daily riding scenarios with just one click. Don't miss out if you are interested!
Have you learned the five-step guide to buying a bike mentioned above? I believe that after carefully considering these steps, even novice cyclists can buy a bike that meets their expectations. Do you have any tips or experiences when it comes to buying a bike? Feel free to leave a comment and discuss!